Close Encounters Of The Third Kind
TAPE Community Music and Film
Saturday night is movie night at LLAWN. This year TAPE Community Music and Film will be screening the classic ’Close Encounters of the Third Kind’ on the Great Orme. As they make their way to the venue through the Happy Valley, visitors will discover a craft market by local artisans along The Colonnade and be entertained with film themes by the Llandudno Swing Band. The film itself depicts mankind’s eerie but rewarding encounter with a flying saucer and the aliens within it. The mysterious Great Orme, with its rich layers of history, is the perfect place to see humanity race future-wards in its encounter with the cosmos. According to research by brewing company Grolsch, the Great Orme is one of the most recorded location in the whole of the UK for UFO sightings and even abductions, so the audience had better beware, where a makeshift silver foil hat. There’ll be a competition for the most elaborate head protector, best family in fancy dress and for the most excellent cake in the shape of Devils Tower.
CALL ( Culture Action Llandudno ) in partnership with LLAWN03 are delighted to announce the world premiere of Marinella Senatore’s seven short films, filmed on location in Llandudno. The “ At:Sain RE:VERB”, our large scale immersive community film project saw CALL and Marinella working with the local community through story writing, choreography and film making sessions. These culminated in the creation of seven short films . All the performers in the films are from Llandudno and the surrounding areas.
Photo: Joel Cockrill
- Who: TAPE and Llandudno Ski and Snowboard Centre
- Where: Llandudno Ski and Snowboard Centre
- When: Saturday 19.30
- Free tickets: Venue Cymru Box Office
- The location can be cold at night, so bring rugs or blankets to sit on, and wear very warm clothing.
- Parking at the location is very limited. We recommend parking in the town and walking up through the Happy Valley if possible. The path will be lit and should be used by pedestrians instead of the roadway. Please note that the path up to the location is steep. If travelling by vehicle, car sharing is advised due to the limited parking available.
- Website: www.tapemusicandfilm.co.uk
- Supported by: Rhyl & District Model Flying Club