Join Winding Snake Productions 2019 Rangoli tour of Wales and India.
Get involved in a day of learning, making, watching and chatting with the Rangoli: Art that Binds team at MOSTYN.
- Rangoli is an ancient art form traditionally practised by women across the whole of India.
- Typically, patterns are created on the floor using coloured sand, rice or flowers and are thought to bring good luck.
- Rangoli are made for Hindu festivals and other special events and the colourful designs represent life, folklore and culture.
- Different techniques and materials are used to create Rangoli and are specific to regions.
- Designs are passed down generation to generation, continuing the tradition across the ages.
- Rangoli is practised by women all ages, religions and social stations across India, bridging social and cultural divides.
- All Day
- Get Involved!